What is Spend Stack exactly?
At its core, Spend Stack is an app to create any list dealing with money. It can act as a budget manager, an ad-hoc shopping list or expense tracker all in one place.
That means anything from an envelope budget, to a grocery shopping trip all the way to budgeting out a home remodel. Lists sync to all of your iOS devices, and you can share and collaborate in near real-time with others you invite to your lists.
One of its primary strengths is the ability to calculate an accurate, to the penny running total. It does this by accounting for and dynamically looking up the local sales tax (United States only), applying discount amounts (by percentage or fixed amount off), pricing by weight (for things like produce), or quantity.
For example, Spend Stack could calculate how much apples might cost on your next grocery shopping trip with sales tax, a 20% off discount and if they were $3.00 a pound and say you bought 2.34 pounds of them.
- Widgets View timely, useful and important financial information using one of our seven widgets.
- Apple Card Import With one tap, import an Apple Card statement into Spend Stack with automatically generated tags for each category.
- Supports any currency Choose any currency you’d like to use for each list, perfect for international travelers.
- Subscription Tracking You can set recurring prices for items, which makes tracking any subscriptions (apps, the gym, etc) incredibly easy. See how much they cost per day, week, month and year in one view.
- A powerful tag system Users can create their own tags to categorize items.
- iCloud Syncing All data is automatically synced to all iOS devices using the same iCloud account.
- iCloud Sharing Share your list with anyone and collaborate on them together, each person that’s added to the list will see everyone’s additions.
- Detailed Item Entry Add notes, images, rich links and more to each of your items.
- Export lists You can print them off, export as a .PDF, image or plain text.
- Fast Search Search all of your tags, lists, and items from within one spot.
- Tag Insights See how much money you’ve spent across each tag on a list. Useful for budgeting lists.
- Secure your data You can lock any list you don’t want others peeking in on (Christmas lists or perhaps a birthday list) by using Touch or Face ID.
- Accessibility Dynamic type is fully supported. Spend Stack works in any orientation, on any device with any font size choice.
- Best in Class Features Leveraging iOS technology is important, so expect things like drag and drop, dark mode, cursor support, multiple spaces on iPadOS, keyboard support, context menus, spotlight search, widgets and more.
- Privacy Focused Unlike many other financial apps, we require absolutely no account creation and we see none of the data that’s entered. Your “account” is your Apple ID that you’re already signed into.
All of the following images and the Spend Stack logo are downloadable here. Additionally, feel free to pick and choose only the ones you need below:
$3.99. No in-app purchases or subscriptions. Spend Stack is a universal app for iPhone and iPad.
Original Release Date
July 18th, 2019. Version 1.3 adds support for widgets, and released September 16th, 2020.
Spend Stack is available in all territories that the App Store supports. It has been internationalized, supports every currency and is fully localized for Germany, Indonesia and English speaking countries with more support for other languages to follow.
Spend Stack was designed and developed by Dreaming In Binary. Spend Stack’s development began in November of 2016. Spend Stack is the only app Dreaming In Binary produces, and the vision is to create a best in class experience for it on all of Apple’s platforms.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re happy to answer anything!